Sunday, June 25, 2006

TATSUNO HIGH SCHOOL

Friday Tatsuno High School's culture fesitval. Kim was nice enough to invite me and Daniel to take part, or just walk around and cause some havoc. Luckily the nice teachers at my school let me take the day off to hang out at HS. I always heard that the HS culture festivals were alot different than the JHS ones, so I wanted to check it out for myself. The JHS culture festival is pretty tame with it being only a half day or so, where as the HS one is two days long. JHS contains alot of chorus singing which isn't so exciting after you see 3 to 5 classes, none of that at HS. At HS there were plenty of rock bands, dances, skits, and other various things all around school such as games and tea ceremony. My favorite part was the food court though, nothing like kids cooking up a good meal. Different classes had different food booths ranging from hot cake, ice cream, french fries, tacoyaki, soba, and more. Daniel was working the rounds by using his old students to hook up the food, good work! Then met some of Kim's cheeky students who carefully coded colored drinks with personality descriptions. There were tame ones such as if you choose "pink" you were girly. If you choose "yellow" you were dark skin. Then there was the "purple" which they recommended that we try. A little fishy, especially afterwards when they said that personality meant that you were a bit angry because you were sex deprived, naughty little kids. Walking around met tons of old students, maybe about 10% or more were from my JHS, it was so great to see them all! Especially the kids from 3 years ago when I first came to Japan. It felt like it was a great closure to my stay in Tatsuno. I was so happy, and even got to name an "action" boy in my short time there. With two empty cups in his hand flying over his pants, I knew his nickname had to be "superman".
gym

friend, Cookie Monster, and Yumi

Masanori and the other boys

rockin

Tomomi and the "the most beautiful girl in tatsuno nishi chu"

Kim and her flower

me and Nishimura my bball boy

"Habatan" made from cans

Maki showing me how to make some tea

Daniel makes his tea

No comments: