Thursday, May 29, 2008

GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE

In Japan after your drivers license expires, you gotta renew it right away or even before the day of otherwise its a real bitch. Of course no one told me that, nor could I have read it, hahaha. But after it expired in lovely September I finally got it in May. Just a couple months later, and a lot of hassling around. Seems like after it expires, for a foreigner you can reapply if you have been out of the country for a total of 3 months since the start of your license. Luckily I qualified for that, was sweating balls at the office when the license guy was flipping through my passport and writing down all the places I went to and the dates, it was like I did something wrong. Luckily I had my Japanese model sticker from a lighter I got in Vietnam, the photo brought up a good laugh from the guy as he asked me if I liked her. In the end the guy was pretty nice and he finished up the paperwork, then a quick eye test, and a photo shoot, and the reminder to put my yellow and green rookie sticker on the back of my car at all times for a year, I finally got my license. I am good to go again!

No comments: