Friday, December 23, 2005

CURRENTLY IN THE MOTHERLAND

Yup, finally in Laos!! Where my parents grew up, kinda strange, but then at the same time kinda cool. Got to the airport and saw them making a new runway, by hand that is! Then went to pick up my Laos Visa, but forgot my passport photos. But no worry, just went into some sketchy backroom, paid the lady 1 dollar usa and got my passport photocopied, which amazingly enough was good enough. Photocopy is just as good as the picture. So paid the $30 usa and got into the country. Was supposed to meet up with uncle Oud, which of course i never met before, so i wore my green adidas hat to signal, hey its me!!! Kinda sketchy as i never met him before, and i dont speak much lao, but it worked, met up with the right guy! Took me to the old dentist shop where my grandpa used to work. Pretty cool and nostalgic, met his wife and cute and chubby daughter, very nice people, alot of fun ... will report more later on .... ah yeah and its a bit hot, but not really (Ace) Japan is waaaay hotter in the summer .. heck its winter here and people are bundled up in jackets, hats, and i even saw a guy wear a scarf, and yeah i think it was around 77 degrees or so ... interesting ... well heck even i am wearing pants .. anyways its a bit different cuz when i left osaka, it was snowing cats and dogs. Aight will report more later with day two adventures ...

No comments: